MSD is a proud partner of the Missouri P2D2 program. The goal of this partnership is to keep over the counter and prescription drugs off the streets and out of our rivers.
MSD is a proud partner of the Missouri P2D2 program. The goal of this partnership is to keep over the counter and prescription drugs off the streets and out of our rivers. It works like this: Missouri P2D2 medicine collection boxes are now available at four St. Louis County police stations. This provides a convenient, safe place for residents to drop off medications they don’t need. The program is free, anonymous and available 24/7. The medicine collection boxes are located at these police stations:
- St. Louis County Police Dept., North County Precinct, 11815 Benham Road, 63138
- St. Louis County Police Dept., Affton Southwest Precinct, 9928 Gravois Road, 63123
- St. Louis County Police Dept., South County Precinct, 3031 Telegraph Road, 63125
- St. Louis County Police Dept., West County Precinct, 232 Vance Road, 63088
Types of medications accepted at the collection boxes are:
- Prescription medications, including controlled substances
- All over the counter medications
- Pet medications
- Vitamins and supplements
- Medicated ointments, lotions, creams and oils
- Liquid medications in leak proof containers
- Homeopathic and herbal remedies
Proper disposal of medications benefits the environment. Over the years, the common advice was to flush unneeded medicine down the toilet. Wastewater treatment plants clean the water before returning it to our rivers. However, the wastewater plants are not designed to remove trace elements of medications from our rivers. The Missouri P2D2 partners are MSD, the St. Louis County Police Department, St. Louis College of Pharmacy, and Missouri American Water. For more information, click here.