METROPOLITAN ST. LOUIS SEWER DISTRICT
Your privacy is important to the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (“MSD,” “we,” or “us”). We are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites, https://msdprojectclear.org, and www.knowyourzone.org, including any content, functionality, services, and subdomains offered on or through these websites (collectively, our “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we may collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website (but not in an e-mail, text, or other message directly between you and an MSD employee).
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected:
- By MSD offline or in person, or through any other means, including any other website or platform operated by MSD or any third party.
- By MSD through an e-mail or other messaging or in person communication.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In order to complete any online transactions available on this site, we may collect information from you, including your email address, your postal address, identification numbers, or other pieces of personal information (“personal information”). We may also collect information about you, but that does not individually identify you, and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. We also collect this information automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. We may also collect information from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of posting material, paying bills, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or services. Online forms indicate the information that is required and the information that is optional-you do not have to complete any “optional” fields on a form. Also, if you do not choose to submit information via our website, we will gladly complete your transaction in person rather than online.
- Information that you provide when opening or using an account on our Website.
- Email addresses may also be gathered and aggregated in order to determine certain demographical information, but MSD’s purpose is not to isolate or identify any particular individuals.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order or requesting services through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
If MSD incorporates a message board or similar interactive functionality to allow users to contribute content publicly on its Website, you also may be able to provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We May Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit MSD, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account; billing; our services, programs, and projects; or additional services, programs, and projects that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features that may appear on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To comply with the Missouri Sunshine Act. As a state governmental agency, MSD is subject to Chapter 610 of the Missouri Revised Statutes, commonly known as the Missouri Sunshine Law. If an appropriate request is made to MSD for information that is subject to disclosure under the Sunshine Law, MSD is required to disclose the information requested, and this may include your personally identifiable information.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MSD, our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right not to use our Website. MSD will gladly complete your transaction in person rather than online. You may complete your transaction in person at MSD’s Offices. Alternatively, online forms indicate the information that is required and the information that is optional-you do not have to complete any “optional” fields on a form.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We will assess and respond to your request as we deem appropriate. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or impair the services we provide.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSD takes reasonable measures to safeguard the information you transmit to us through online applications and forms. We have implemented measures intended to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings.
or via our phone number: (314)768-6260