MSD Offers SIUE ERTC Scholarships
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (SIUE) and the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) have teamed up to create scholarships for the Water Quality Control Operations Program at the Environmental Resource Training Center (ERTC) of SIUE.
Two academic scholarships are available for minority and women candidates.
Water Quality Control Operations Program
- 11 months in length (August – July)
- $10,000 tuition ($5,000 each semester) in addition to a $1,000 stipend to scholarship recipient
- At the end of the program, certifications in Water Quality will be obtained in the states of Missouri and Illinois
- ERTC will help in job placement
- Additional details of program – ERTC Scholarship Information
FACT: 35% of MSD Treatment Plant Operators are eligible for retirement.
MSD’s goal is to provide minorities and women with opportunities for education, internships, and employment that promote career choices in the wastewater and stormwater treatment plant industry.
MSD Minority Scholarship
- $10,00 tuition scholarship($5,000 each semester) while enrolled and attending the ERTC Water Quality Control Operations Program and in good standing
- Must have graduated from High School or obtained a GED
- Currently open to minority and women candidates.
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- 5-week, 40-hour work week, PAID internships will be provided for scholarship recipients ($15/hr)
- Cannot be an immediate family member or reside in the same household of a MSD employee
- Deadline for this application period is Aug 12, 2020.
- 2020 ERTC Scholarship Application
MSD will make efforts to place an ERTC scholarship graduates in full time positions, if vacancies occur. The minimum starting salary of ERTC graduates start around $43,950.40/per year.