As long as you have a bill due, you can make a payment on any accounts assigned to your user ID. Click ‘Online Bill Payment’ near the top left of the page. Then click “Pay/View Bills” from the top menu, select the account number whose bills you wish to view, and click the Search button. You will see a listing of your current bills. You can then click to “View” a detailed view of your bill, or you can simply click “Pay”. Select the amount you want to pay, the date you want to pay your bill and your payment account. Click Save and you’re done!
Click “Online Bill Payment” near the top left of the page, and then choose “Set Recurring Payments”. From here, you can add a new recurring payment.
Click “Online Bill Payment” near the top left of the page. Then click “Pay/View Bills” from the top menu, under account number select “All”, and click the Search button. Check the bills you wish to pay and click the “Pay Select” link. Enter the amount and date you wish to pay and click the Submit button.
The payment will show on your MSD account within 24-48 hours after the payment has been made.
For payments made from a Checking or Savings account
- The payment date is based on the selections you make on the payment page. The choices are: Pay Now, Pay on Due Date, and Pay on Other Date.
- To avoid late charges, an account payment must be made on or before the due date shown on your bill and your payment page.
- A bank account payment initiated before noon Central Time on a business day will be credited to your account that same business day. However, processing times may vary based on your financial institution.
- A bank account payment made after 12:01 PM Central Time will be credited to your account the following business day. However, processing times may vary based on your financial institution.
- A bank account payment made on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or holiday will not be credited to your account until the next business day. However, processing times may vary based on your financial institution.
For one-time payments using a debit or credit card:
- A credit card payment is a “real-time” transaction, meaning that the payment process will begin immediately after you enter your card number and click “Save”.
- A credit card payment initiated before 1 a.m. Central Time on a business day will be credited to your account that same business day.
- A credit card payment made after 1 a.m. Central Time will be credited to your account the following business day.
- A credit card payment made on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or holiday will not be credited to your account until the next business day.
Timing of Checking/Savings Account Payments
|If you schedule your Checking/Savings Account payment for…||Your account will be credited on…|
|Friday||The following Monday|
|Saturday||N/A see note below|
|Sunday||N/A see note below|
*If you try to schedule a payment after 12:01 pm Central Time or on a non-business day, you will receive an alert to schedule your payment for the next available business day.
Timing of Credit Card Payments
|If you make your Credit Card payment on…||Your account will be credited on…|
|Monday after 1 am CT||Tuesday|
|Tuesday after 1 am CT||Wednesday|
|Wednesday after 1 am CT||Thursday|
|Thursday after 1 am CT||Friday|
|Friday after 1 am CT||The following Monday|
|Saturday after 1 am CT||The following Monday|
|Sunday after 1 am CT||The following Monday|
Holidays (Based on the Federal Reserve calendar)
New Year’s Day
Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
Day after Thanksgiving
Before the scheduled payment date, the Monitor Payment Status page will show the payment as “scheduled”. When the scheduled payment is submitted to the payment processor your Monitor Payment Status page will show the payment as “pending”. After the payment is approved or rejected, your Monitor Payment page will show the payment as “approved” or “rejected”.
You can pay your balance in full at any time from your banking account or you can make a one-time payment via credit card. If your bill is not paid by the due date, you are subject to late fees of .75% of the past due balance. If you are unable to pay your bill by the due date, contact a Customer Service Professional at 1 (866) 281-5737.
You may cancel a payment as long as it is listed on the Monitor Payment Status page as “Scheduled”. Please remember that failure to pay your bill by your due date could result in late charges.
Select “Bill History” from the top menu. You will then see all the historical bill and payment information for this account. To view a specific bill, click the View link to the right of the bill which you wish to view. The bill view details will be shown in another window.
MSD SmartPay is FREE! You do not need to use checks or buy stamps. It’s both faster and safer than the mail.
The High Bill Inquiry page contains information concerning possible reasons for a fluctuating bill. If, after reading all of the information, you are still unclear as to why you have a high bill, you can send a message to a Customer Service Professional and they will respond within 24-48 hours of your inquiry.
- Checking and Savings accounts by using your bank’s routing number and your account number.
- Credit Cards including American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa.
- Debit Cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo that are linked to a bank account. We do not accept prepaid debit cards.
- User ID: You should choose a User ID that is easy for you to remember. If you forget your User ID, go to the Log-On page and click “Forgot your User ID?” to receive it via email.
- Password: If you forget your password, go to the Log-On page and click “Forgot your Password”. Enter your User ID and email address and your password will be emailed to you.
- Account Information: select “Account Update” on the top menu, and update the appropriate information. Not all information is updatable.
- Email Address: select “User Profile” on the top menu. Your current email address will be displayed, and will be available for updating.
- Password: select “User Profile” on the top menu. For security purposes, you will be requested to enter your current password in order to change your password.
Please call a Customer Service Professional at 1 (866) 281-5737 if you need to make a change to a piece of information that is not available for modification through this site.
Once you’ve logged in to your online account, click “Bills and Payments” at the top of the screen. Then select “SmartPay” on the left side of the screen. Click “Payment Accounts” under the Payment Options to update bank account information. You must have at least one active bank account set up in order to pay bills.
All scheduled payments will be cancelled if their status is “scheduled”. You must make other arrangements to pay this bill. Making changes to your banking information could take up to 30-Days to go into effect.
Click “Online Bill Payment” from the top menu. Then click ‘Set Recurring Payments’ from the lower menu. Select the DELETE link for the payment you wish to cancel. Click the OK button on the pop up window. The status of this recurring payment is modified to be CANCELLED. Please allow approximately 30 days for the change to take effect.
You can add your sewer account to your list. Once an account is added, you can do the following with that account:
- View and update account information
- Access the bill payment functions
To speed your enrollment, have your paper bill available, showing your account number.
Select “Manage Accounts” from the top menu. Then select “Add Account”. This page shows automatically after your initial registration. It can be accessed in this way at a later time to add additional accounts.
Once an account is added, you will have full access to the functions listed above.
Select “eBill Signup” from the top menu. Select the radio button that best describes your relationship with the primary account. Then select the “I want eBill” radio button to start receiving email notifications when your bill is ready to view online. You can only receive an eBill or a paper bill, but not both. Once you have made your selections, click the Submit button.
Select ‘Manage eBill’ from the top menu. Select the radio button that best describes your relationship with the primary account. Then select the “I want a paper bill” radio button to start receiving a paper bill or you can contact the Call Center at 1 (866) 281-5737 to start receiving a paper bill. You can only receive an eBill or a paper bill, but not both. Once you have made your selections, click the Submit button.
Register for Online Customer Care and add an account to your user id. Once this is done, click “Online Bill Payment” near the top right of the page, and you will be directed to the bill payment portion of our site.
Immediately. Once an account is added to your user id, you can immediately view account information and pay your current bill online.
Scheduled payments will still be processed. If you do not want this to happen, you should cancel any scheduled payments prior to canceling your enrollment. Please allow approximately 30-days for this to take effect.
Once enrolled, you can start making payments as soon as you have a bill due.
eBilling uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure:
- User ID and Password: Your User ID and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as you don’t share your user id and password with anyone, no one can view your bills or personal information.
- SSL: The site uses SSL (secure socket layers) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: The site uses 128 bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: The site automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for 15 minutes.
Computer security experts advise that you may put your information at risk when you use a public computer for personal business. While MSD uses numerous security measures to protect your personal information on our website, the use of public computers may compromise the security of your information. Public computers include those in schools, libraries, Internet Cafe’s, etc. For maximum security you may want to avoid using public computers when enrolling or modifying your personal or banking information. If using a public computer to access this information, we advise that you log out and close the browser session when you have completed your work.